Brandon & Kristin

Brandon & Kristin

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Coffee Shop

This morning Kristin and I went over to the coffee shop again for a couple of hours. We usually split an iced Americano with a bit of white chocolate in it... sounds good huh? We have done this many times over the past few weeks and I think it has been very healthy for us... not the Americano, but the time spent processing.

I usually spend some time reading my Bible, praying, memorizing scripture, thinking, and journaling. So far we have written 15 pages each in our journals and I feel like I have many more thoughts in my head that I need to put on paper. These times have helped me process through my thoughts with God. The word is so rich and has so much guidance and help to offer. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to sit before God and soak up His word. I have written down about 10 verses that have been particularly meaningful to me in the past month and I plan on memorizing them over the next month or so.

Today I spent some time meditating on Psalm 73:25

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides
you.
This does not mean that I am supposed to snuff out all desires in life other than God. I have plenty of desires and many of them are good. However, God deserves and is meant to be my number one desire. He belongs in this spot and I want Him to be there. It has been good reflecting on this verse in these times. I can easily let created things become my primary desire above the creator... even good things like having a daughter. But this is a time of letting that desire rest with God. I can trust that He is not out to punish me or that He is looking to withhold His goodness from me. I can trust God even with my desire to have and hold a baby girl of my own. He has said not yet and I dont' know what the future holds, but I can trust Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so comforted knowing that you are going out for coffee and experiencing some peace. Thanks for taking good care of Kristin Brandon, you are a good man.

And thanks for posting so frequently so that I can know where you are at. I love you Kristin and pray everyday for your healing and your joy.

Crusher

Anonymous said...

dear brandon,
thank you so much for sharing. i don't talk to you guys often, so i really feel relief and comfort knowing how you are doing. in each blog you post is the evidence of your healing. i am so glad to know that you are using this experience to get to know our Lord in a whole new, deeper way.
with love,
lauren