Brandon & Kristin

Brandon & Kristin

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ask

It felt good to be in the word this morning and to spend time with a God I love so much. I read II Chronicles 1 which is where Solomon steps up as king. God said to him...

"Ask for whatever you want me to give you."

I love that God has Solomon ask Him for what he wanted. He didn't just say "Solomon, you name it and it is yours." I think God was interested in the relationship that develops in His children asking things of Him. God reserves the right to give what is requested, withhold, or even give beyond our dreams. With Solomon He gave what was requested and much more. Regardless of God's response, we receive blessing in deepening our relationship with Him.

Many years after the reign and death of king Solomon I sit here on the other side of the world typing on a computer. I believe that God still wants His children to ask of Him and that is what I have done. I sit as a child on the lap of my Father and ask that He would give us more children. That we would have the privilege of seeing those children grow up. That they would be healthy and come to a deep and beautiful walk with the Savior.

3 comments:

jamie said...

hey guys just been thinking about you a lot- kristin it'd be good to catch up sometime soon here.
love you
jamie

Anonymous said...

Lord, I know You’re in control
Tonight as these things weight heavy on my soul,
I trust you know what’s best for Your own.
Lord, I lay my questions humbly at Your feet
because I know if You’d have let me choose,
I would have never chosen me.
I’m thankful Your hand extends to the unseen,
because it’s by Your way we’ve won victory.
Lord, give the faith to believe.
Give the faith to believe.

-excerpt from “Not the Way” by Mark Philpot

Anonymous said...

Hi, you two lovely parents. My heart is still heavy and I want to send hugs and I have a little angel I want to send your way. She is the angel of hope! I love you two! thank you for allowing me to be a part of your world God's blessings
Leonette